Thursday, December 3, 2015

Bead Embroidery

Original image on paper              Transferred image
One of the images I transferred using sharpies and alcohol didn't come out very well.  When I lifted it to see if it had come out, there was a spot needing more work.  I didn't realize it shifted when I put it back down, so I got a sort of double exposure.
I figured it would be an opportunity to do some embellishing and cover that up with stitching or something.  But after reading this article in Quilter's Newsletter, showing how to do bead embroidery, I decided it was the perfect way to cover up the bad spots.  Plus I get to try out a new technique!


This is as far as I have gotten with it so far.  It takes a long time to do each of those large petals!  I don't know what I'll do with it when it's done.  I thought of transferring more images to a single larger piece of fabric to make it look like the belle of a patch of flowers.  But there's this architecture challenge due at Guild in January, and I have seen sunflower designs used in that way.  Here's a few I liked.

Of course, the problem is figuring out a way to make them into a quilt. Meanwhile- I love the patterning in the last picture- Islamic architecture most likely.

The climate talks in Paris seem to have a sense of urgency at last.  I am hoping with all my heart that they will finally tell big oil to shut the **** up!!

I am grateful for:
Surviving a pretty serious scare
Laughing with a co-worker via email so the boss never suspects
Holiday music on spotify- they have everything!
A little extra playtime with Jonathan last week
He's blowing raspberries at last!


No comments:

Post a Comment